The Canon EOS Rebel T1i is the 6th generation of Canon's popular entry-level DSLR camera series and it improves upon earlier Rebels by incorporating many features that up till now could only be found on Canon's pricier mid-level DSLRs. Among the Rebel T1i's key attributes are a 15.1Mp CMOS sensor (similar to the sensor found in the EOS 50D) for detailed, full volume prints, Live View for accurate pre-focusing and editing, continuous burst-rates of up to 3.4 fps, a DIGIC 4 image processor, and a scratch and glare-resistant high-resolution (920,000-dot) 3" Clear View LCD that allows for easy 100% image viewing from angles up to 170° off-center from the screen.
The big news however is the Rebel T1i's ability to record a choice of full HD 1080p, 720p, and VGA video capture, which places it among the few DSLRs currently available that can capture true high-resolution video that beats or meets the image quality of far costlier pro camcorders
To help reduce retouching time the Rebel T1i features an EOS Integrated Cleaning System that combats dust through the use of high-frequency vibrations that shake dust loose from the sensor's front-mounted IR filter every time you power up and power down. There are also anti-static coatings on the low-pass filter to keep it shmutz-free, and a body cap designed not to 'shed' particles that can possibly find their way into the mirror chamber.
To better enable successful imaging under the most challenging of lighting conditions, the camera's DIGIC 4 Image Processor allows you to set the ISO rating from ISO 100 through 3200 in standard mode, and from 6400 to 12,800 in expanded mode. Once the 9-point wide-area AF system (with cross-type center point) nails the focus you can fire up to 3.4 fps for up to 170 exposures, allowing you the option of capturing longer image sequences.
- • 15.1Mp APS-C Format CMOS Sensor
- The Canon EOS Rebel T1i contains a 15.1 megapixel APS-C Format CMOS Sensor capable of producing stunningly detailed poster-sized prints
- • HD 1080p Video Capture
- High-Definition 1080p video capture (1920x1080 @ 20fps) from a quality DSLR is now priced within the reach of beginners and serious amateurs alike. Depending on your needs, the Rebel T1i can also be programmed to capture 720p (1280x720 @ 30fps) and VGA video (640x480 @ 30fps). For high-quality image playback the T1i features an HDMI connection that enables you to watch stills and video on any HDTV
- • DIGIC 4 Image Processor
- Canon's powerful DIGIC 4 Image Processor makes it possible to quickly (and accurately) process large volumes of 14-bit image data for output in the form of high quality, noise-free still and video imagery
- • RAW and/or JPEG
- Still images can be captured as RAW, JPEG, or RAW-plus-JPEG in a choice of 3 compression ratios to best meet your output needs
- • 3" Clear View LCD with Live View
- Live, real-time 100% reflex viewing from a large 920,000-dot scratch and glare-resistant LCD allows you to critically focus the camera lens while composing your images as well as carefully edit the final results
- • ISO Sensitivity Expandable to 12,800
- Starting from a base of 100, the sensor sensitivity of the EOS Rebel T1i can be 'pushed' to ISO 3200 in standard mode, and up to ISO 6400 and 12,800 in expanded (H1, H2) mode enabling picture taking under the most pressing of lighting circumstances
- • Picture Styles
- The Canon EOS Rebel T1i allows you to match the color (or monochrome) quality of your pictures through the use of 6 pre-set scene modes, each of which can be easily modified in terms of tone, color, saturation and contrast to fit your needs and preferences
Polycarbonate Body Japanese Body