Canon's VIXIA HF200 Flash Memory High Definition Camcorder is the entry-level HD offering from the company for 2009. This lightweight camcorder records up to 6 hours of full 1920 x 1080 HD video exclusively to SDHC cards, freeing you up from carrying around bulky media while giving you high definition recording. The camera's 3.89MP CMOS sensor and DIGIC DV III Image Processor work together to provide you with vivid video and still images every time you shoot. In addition, the HD Video Lens with 15x optical zoom, 2.7" widescreen LCD, and SuperRange O.I.S. do their part to ensure a user-friendly recording experience. Other features such as Dual Shot, for simultaneous video and still capture, and 3 second pre-record bring even more options to the plate.
Those recording family events will love the Face Detection feature, which captures up to 35 faces in a single shot with dead on exposure and focusing. Recording 24p and 30p help you to capture a movie-like feel for your shots, while the Mini Advanced Accessory Shoe helps you create professional quality sound and lighting. If you're looking for your first HD camcorder that comes with the little extras that make recording easy and fun, you can't go wrong with the HF200.
- • Record HD Footage to SDHC Cards
- Recording to SDHC flash memory cards keeps things simple and frees you up from carrying around bulky media. The HF200 records up to 6 hours of HD footage to SDHC memory cards.
- • Image Sensor & DIGIC DV III
- Capture vivid color and clean images with the 3.89Mp Full HD CMOS sensor. Along with the DIGIC DV III Image Processor you'll see excellent color reproduction, reduced image noise and great low light recordings.
- • Canon 15x HD Video Lens
- The 15x HD Video Lens captures landscapes and tight shots easily, while providing 4 fixed zoom speeds for fluid transitions. The super spectra coating keeps flare and ghosting at bay while the lens' aspheric design cuts down on aberration while boosting resolution.
- • 2.7" Multi-Angle Vivid Widescreen LCD
- The multi-angle widescreen LCD gives you a generous display on which to compose and playback your shots, not to mention the ability to shoot from more angles. The hard coat Anti-Reflection surface reproduces color accurately with reduced glare and enhanced contrast.
- • SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization
- Canon's Optical Image Stabilizer corrects for hand shake, moving subjects and the inevitable slight bump. SuperRange Gyro and image sensors also correct for a wider range of incidents such as body sway and recording in a moving car as well as ensuring no loss in image quality.
- • Creative Control & Workflow Features
- Included remote control
- 3.3MP digital still capture
- 3 Second pre-record feature
- Dual Shot for stills and video at the same time
- Built-in flash for stills indoors or in low light
- HDMI for watching videos on HDTV with just one cable
- Mini Advanced Accessory Shoe for attaching Canon lights and microphones
- 24Mbps recording allows for recording of the highest quality AVCHD video
- Face Detection: sharp focus and accurate exposures of everyone in the scene
- Video Snapshot Mode: Capture a series of 4 second video clips - add music background
- 24p Cinema Mode gives your videos a "film-look" - enhanced when used with the CINE setting
- 30p Progressive Mode great for action or sports footage or video that will be uploaded to the Internet
- Included remote control